Re: Octave-3.6.0 testing binary built on MinGW

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Octave-3.6.0 testing binary built on MinGW
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 23:13:09 +0100

Hi Tatsuro:

Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
Hello

I have built the octave-3.6.0 and archived the installed directory trees.
http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/

Please see Readme_octave-3.6.0.txt for details.

Note that this release is prepared for the testing purpose for experienced
users.

(shouldn't follow-up be directed to address@hidden, rather than address@hidden)

In a spare hour I've made a preliminary "win32 distribution" using the steps outlined in the attached text, based on your build environment. In hindsight I already spotted some room for improvement in this procedure, but anyway this works too.
Maybe we can add this text to the wiki later on.

Having done those steps, I'm able to install at least the java & io packages (using -forge option). They work OK AFAICS.

Installing the linear-algebra package doesn't work yet, due to a problem with gsvd.oct ("dggsvd_" and "zggsvd_ not found").
I had the same issues with 3.4.2; but Nitzan seemed to do better there.

Anyway, I think your testing binary works good.

(And this week I'll try to prepare a new io pkg (bug fix release)

Philip