Re: error: feval: function `unimplemented' not found

From: Mikey G
Subject: Re: error: feval: function `unimplemented' not found
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:40:23 -0800 (PST)

As it turns out, I was making such a noob mistake...

When trying to add the path to my mfiles, I was using "path" instead of
"addpath" and deleted all the paths to Octave's functionality.

<palm-to-forehead>

Even though this is totally my fault, I can't help but think that it was so
easy to cause this problem.  I imagine that adding a path to one's mfiles is
a common first task for new Octave users, and I bet that many have done this
as well and were left baffled.  I'd like to make a suggestion from my noob
persepctive, and that is to simply put a warning at the prompt before
deleting all paths so that a noob such as myself will catch our error, or
even some text saying that the default paths were overwritten.  Perhaps
there are other situations in which a new user could create big problems
easily.  I know advanced users would find this annoying, but if Octave is to
be used by people that are not advanced users, this may be helpful.  Perhaps
the warnings could be disabled when starting Octave through some option like
--disable_noob_warnings.  Just a suggestion.

Thanks for your help Ben.  Your tips led me to discover my error.