Re: mkoctfile CFLAGS not recognised

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: mkoctfile CFLAGS not recognised
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:13:32 +0000

On 12 January 2012 06:01, laila <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am using this from Qtoctave, does that make a difference?
>

> --

You are setting an environment variable, not an Octave variable. You
probably don't want to replace it, but to add to it.

This example is setting the values from within octave. The alternative
would be to set the values, in say bash, before starting octave, if
you were using Linux.

Using Tatsuro's mingw octave 3.4.3.

1. Find out what we have already

>mkoctfile -p CFLAGS
-g -O2

2. modify it

>setenv('CFLAGS','-g -O2 -fopenmp')

3. check mkoctfile is getting the message

>mkoctfile -p CFLAGS
-g -O2 -fopenmp

(I just noticed this fails in BL's mingw octave 3.2.4, in case anyone
is using that old version)

--
/* andy buckle */