RE: Color By Frequency

From: William Krekeler
Subject: RE: Color By Frequency
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:06:30 +0000

I'm not a lawyer either, I'd just rather 'play nice '. If the algorithm was the
normal read a paper, then download the requisite 30 background and
cross-referenced papers to understand what was read before you can implement
the suggested solution, I would agree completely with you. However, Dan
published some code (I think Fortran) which I converted to Octave/Matlab and
wrote a few test cases to confirm that it worked. A lawyer is likely going to
argue that the Octave code is a derivative work and the source should be given
the opportunity to weigh in. I chose to contact him to give him that
opportunity.

William Krekeler