Re: Time series prediction

From: Freddy López
Subject: Re: Time series prediction
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 08:34:57 -0430

Hello miro99_ale,

It is possible your data were generated from any general processes than (stationary) ARMA(X) but this is not the subject here... :)

Now, if you are looking for a description for those, please use ACF and PACF plots and inspect numerical autocorrelations (I think tsa package can be useful for this aim). These summaries often give a guide to the ARMA model (p and q). On other hand, people say it is a good habit remove trend and seasonal components from its time series. Perhaps it is you need to remove 'peaks'. I do know detrend function remove trend but I don't know how remove seasonal component using prepackaged octave function (some methods are really easy, i.e.: http://www.nzmaths.co.nz/category/glossary/seasonal-component-time-series-data and everywhere in web...)

Cheers!