Debugging octave mex files

From: hafedh trigui
Subject: Debugging octave mex files
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 06:43:09 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:35 AM, Trigui, Hafedh (OTT) <address@hidden> wrote:
> I did not use mex or any other command at octave prompt. I solely relied on compile and build solution from the GUI of VC++.
So you edited the properties of your solution to use mkoctfile to compile and link your files? Or you're using VC++ compiler and linker and change the solution properties to redirect it to octave headers and libraries (btw, does your octave release have import .lib files, or are you using the libXXX.a files that MinGW usually generates?)
Just used VC++ compiler and linker  and included lib files (in the mexFunction.cpp) as in the following:
#pragma comment(lib, "libcruft.dll.a")
#pragma comment(lib, "liboctave.dll.a")
#pragma comment(lib, "liboctinterp.dll.a")
> Then, I manually rename the dll file to a mex file.
Not sure VC++ will still be able to locate debug symbols (.pdb files) when you rename files. In the VC++ window, you should be able to see a list of modules loaded, as well as whether VC++ was able to load debug symbols. This should at least tell you whether the .pdb file corresponding to your MEX has been loaded or not.

How to check this?
Thanks
Hafedh