Re: octave 3.4.3 binary

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: octave 3.4.3 binary
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:29:34 +0100

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Mike Luntz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Juan,
>
> Your package worked for me on an x86 machine running Ubuntu 10.10.
> Thanks.
>
> Do you know of a source for a binary package for an amd64 architecture
> running Ubuntu 10.04? I have tried multiple times to install from source
> code and run into errors while compiling. As I make changes to fix these
> errors I get a little further. I made the changes recommended on the web
> to fix my latest error, but it didn't seem to have any effect. So unless
> I can find a binary Octave 3.4.3 package I am stuck with the earlier
> version that comes on the repositories.
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,
I am glad to hear it worked for you. I have never tried to compile for
64bits, so I wouldn't be able to help you. I am forwarding your e-mail
to the octave-help mailing list, maybe somebody there can give you
some advice.

A colleague told me today that he managed to compile 3.4.3 for Ubuntu
10.04 64bits, so I will ask him tomorrow to prepare a deb package.

Cheers,

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----