Re: One-off error in piping data to Gnuplot: bug link is a dud

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: One-off error in piping data to Gnuplot: bug link is a dud
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 18:21:36 -0500

On Nov 26, 2011, at 6:39 AM, Puranjoy Bhattacharya wrote:

> I have been facing the problem with a Windows7 installation of Octave.
> However, the bug report link that is quoted everywhere (quoted below) is
> dead. Please send me the bugfix. I have faced this problem once before, and
> remember having used a fix in form of building or installing some package
> from Octave command line.
>
> "When plotting Octave occasionally gives me errors like `gnuplot> 9 0.735604
> line 26317: invalid command'.
> There is a known bug in gnuplot 4.2 that can cause an off by one error while
> piping data to gnuplot. The relevant gnuplot bug report can be found at
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1716556&group_id=2055&atid=102055.";

The bug report you are referring to is with gnuplot.

The mail list you've sent your inquiry to is for octave.

I recommend you update you gnuplot to a more recent version.

I'm not a Windows user, so I can't help with that, but for someone to help you,
you'll need to tell us where you got your copy of Octave from.

Ben