One-off error in piping data to Gnuplot: bug link is a dud

From: Puranjoy Bhattacharya
Subject: One-off error in piping data to Gnuplot: bug link is a dud
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 03:39:52 -0800 (PST)

I have been facing the problem with a Windows7 installation of Octave. However, the bug report link that is quoted everywhere (quoted below) is dead. Please send me the bugfix. I have faced this problem once before, and remember having used a fix in form of building or installing some package from Octave command line.

"When plotting Octave occasionally gives me errors like `gnuplot> 9 0.735604 line 26317: invalid command'.
There is a known bug in gnuplot 4.2 that can cause an off by one error while piping data to gnuplot. The relevant gnuplot bug report can be found at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1716556&group_id=2055&atid=102055."