Re: Optimization toolboxes -- cvx, sedumi, sdpt3

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Optimization toolboxes -- cvx, sedumi, sdpt3
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:27:32 +0100

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 4:19 PM, fork <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Can you specify which packages are giving you problems?
>> Also, provide information about your Octave version, your OS and hardware.
>
> I downloaded an octave sedumi from here (at the top):
>
> http://sedumi.ie.lehigh.edu/index.php?option=com_docman&amp;task=cat_view&amp;gid=69&amp;Itemid=76
>
> I ran the script that compiles everything (install_sedumi.m, I think) and it
> finished.  The problem appeared when trying to use the functions -- bus errors
> on many of them.  I just threw random stuff at the functions, so maybe they
> work
> fine if given particular inputs.
>
> I am running a compiled (not binary) 3.4.0 on mac os x.  I will try at work on
> 3.4.3 mingw later; I also have access to a unix machine I can give a shot
> later.
>
> There seems to be interest in this here, so I will keep asking questions as I
> work through it, until I get bored :). I emailed Michael Grant about Octave
> support and he said "sorry, tried and like the idea, but no time".  I asked if
> he would take patches if we got it working, and he hasn't respondd yet.  I
> think
> it uses old style classes and a couple of Mex files (I can hack through the
> m-files pretty easily, myself).  The solvers are heavily mex based, though.
>
> I can start a public repository if needed, too.
>
> Thanks for all the help
>

>> Thanks

Hi,

It would be great if you could take the porting as your pet project. I
would gladly join in your effort, but I have my schedule covered with
porting matGeom (package main/geometry) and Robotics toolbox from
Corke (package extra/robotics).

I may be available for testing and stuff, though.

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
-----