Re: Format plot axis

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Format plot axis
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 08:25:05 -0500

On Nov 16, 2011, at 4:37 AM, Qualitang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make the units on the axis of a plot bigger. Also, when
> I print a plot the size of the axis label font is different from that
> shown in gplot.

What version of Octave are you using? (3.2.x?)

Also, what do you mean by "different"? And, can you provide a simple script
that demonstrates the problem?

> I'm printing the plot to a .jpeg and I get this when I try to set the
> font as Times-Roman:
>
> gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string y kpc
> with font Times-Roman

This is a Gnuplot warning. For the jpeg terminal, Gnuplot uses libgd for font
support. A link to the gnuplot manual is below.

        http://www.gnuplot.info/documentation.html

See section 14.2 for information on how to use Postscript fonts with the jpeg
terminal.

Ben