Re: [griddata]:__delaunay__ function

From: Thierry Laroche
Subject: Re: [griddata]:__delaunay__ function
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 19:08:50 +0100

when I try to install the packages from the science repo, I have a dependency problem:
No repository provides libmagick++.so.3()64bits.

Where can I find it?

Le 14/11/2011 15:59, Martin Helm a écrit :
Am 14.11.2011 15:48, schrieb Thierry Laroche:
I installed my octave from the packman rpm (3.4.0-2.8).
I will try to recompile at the very end I would like to keep a kernel
friendly package to avoid the compiling at every update.
Anyway, I think  I will try it,

thanks
[snip]
Try this one (octave 3.4.3) from the science repository
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science/openSUSE_11.3

Please keep your replies on the list by using "reply to all", others are
possibly interested in the outcome.

By using the science repository you avoid installing something from
outside (it has qhull dependencies built in). Btw octave has nothing to
do with the kernel it is a scientific software and not a hardware driver
or kernel module which needs to be recompiled when you update your kernel.
I recommend you add the science repository permanently to have easy
access to octave updates and to all dependencies

as root
zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science/openSUSE_11.3 science
zypper ref #it will ask to accept the repository key
zypper in -r science octave octave-devel

(or if you prefer that in yast ->  software management switch octave and
octave-devel and if you have some the octave-forge packages to the
version from the science repository (you will never have to repeat that
whatever updates come in).