Re: error: `fminsearch' undefined - Octave 3.2.4 Win7 64bit

From: jammydav93
Subject: Re: error: `fminsearch' undefined - Octave 3.2.4 Win7 64bit
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 03:15:46 -0800 (PST)

Thank you that's great!

I now have another problem, i'm trying to minimise a function of
f(x) = a * cos(b*x + c) .* exp (x/d)
where my values of x and f(x) are known, how can I find the values of a,b,c,d using fminsearch?

I tried the following however had no success as I don't know how to format the function (fmp.m)

function y=fmp(x,a,b,c,d)
y=a*cos(b*x + c) .* exp (x/d)

Many thanks

J!

On 12 November 2011 17:21, martin_helm [via Octave] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 12.11.2011 18:11, schrieb jammydav93:
> Here is the log from Octave
>
> octave-3.2.4.exe:1> pkg list
> no packages installed.
>
> So i guess I need to install a package called optim from somewhere?

Just run the 3.2.4 installer again and select this time the octave forge
packages to be installed (do NOT install the oct2mat package).