Re: ginput over image on Windows 7 x64, Octave 3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0

From: galactic_hitchhiker
Subject: Re: ginput over image on Windows 7 x64, Octave 3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 19:29:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi Nitnit,
Thanks for the suggestion to move to a higher version of Octave but
unfortunately that is not in my control.
I have worked out another solution for my problem though.
I noticed that ginput actually works with simple plots (not images or even
plots *over* images )
Only with plots.
So I created two figures...one figure which consists of the plot acts as the
"control panel/button panel" and the other figure actually displays the
image. Yep. I actually "plotted" simple line drawn "buttons" on the control
panel !!
Thankfully it works quite well and I actually like the "separation" of the
control and the data (the image display)!!

Anyway, thanks again. I did try to download the new version but it kept
pointing me to some livid download manager and the malicious s/w scanners on
my machine/network (I have quite a few....my work machine is not in my
control) did not like the download manager so I ended up not installing the
download manager etc.
I would rather wait for the simple binary zip file download over the usual
HTTP or FTP.