Re: figure size (position)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: figure size (position)
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 10:38:24 -0500

On Nov 5, 2011, at 4:12 PM, J Schreiber wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I try to set size of position windows, but I can modify size of figure-window
> only with mouse.
>
> s.o. had the same problem, but the hints did not help either, always I get
> figure in default size
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Figure-Position-td1636211.html
>
> I tried both, cygwin and win.
>
> I have windows 7, is it a problem of 64 bit.

When using gnuplot to produce figures, it is only possible to set the figure
size when the figure is created.

The link you copied ...

        http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Figure-Position-td1636211.html

... includes an explanation that applies to your version of Octave (3.2.x)

For Cygwin you can install Octave-3.4.2 and try the OpenGL backend (untested
example below)

        close all
        graphics_toolkit fltk
        plot (rand (2))
        position = get (gcf, "position");
        set (gcf, "position", position + [-100 -100 +200 +200])

Ben