Re: Can't install octave-forge packages in a 32-bit OS X build, but can

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Can't install octave-forge packages in a 32-bit OS X build, but can in a 64-bit one
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:04:30 -0400

On Nov 5, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> I tried to build it by hand on 10.5/i386 but the compiler choked:

I haven't tried to build the sources on 10.5 since 10.6 was released.

I won't have access to my Mac with Fink installed on it until later today. But
I did find the scripts I used to build 32bit Octave on MacOS 10.6. If you're
working on this problem today, these script might be helpful (?).

I used build_octave.sh to build from the developers sources, and
build_release.sh to build the releases (which doesn't require ./autogen.sh and
its dependencies).

Also, after reviewing some old emails, I was reminded that we saw the cs-list
error before. Have you included "-ff2c" in FFLAGS?

Ben