Re: helvetica font as default (fltk)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: helvetica font as default (fltk)
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 19:24:23 -0400

On Nov 4, 2011, at 7:05 PM, Muhali wrote:

> When I do
>
> graphics_toolkit fltk;
> plot(0);
> print foo.svg
>
> the resulting foo.svg always contains the Helvetica font
> (font-family="Helvetica"). I guess this is for tick labels.
>
> Why is that? That is, where does it come from?
>
> M.

My guess is you have Octave set up to use Helvetica.

What do the following return?

        get (0, "defaultaxesfontname")

        get (0, "defaulttextfontname")

If you'd like to use a different font, you can set that up in your ~/.octaverc
file. For example, to use Arial, you'd add the lines below.

        set (0, "defaultaxesfontname", "Arial")
        set (0, "defaulttextfontname", "Arial")

Ben