Re: Ubuntu 11.10 binaries

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 11.10 binaries
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 22:40:24 +0100

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> From total scratch (old pentium 2Ghz with Windows NT) to having a
> Octave 3.4.3 binary package installing and running with any problems
> in a different machine (a friend's Ubuntu 11.10) took me about 6 hr,
> without major bumps.
> I guess the developers should be proud of this. My congratulations!
>
> The binary was compiled in Ubuntu 11.10 32bits and can be found here
> (I guess it should run on 11.04).
> http://ubuntuone.com/6l35Gf3j8alWL7fGeYW388
>
> Please test it!
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal
> -----
> PhD Student
> University of Zürich
> http://ailab.ifi.uzh.ch/carbajal/

Hi,

Is it possible to add link to the binaries here
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForGNULinux and/or here
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html?
Is that a good idea?

Also, in the wiki the compilation information is not completely exact
anymore (see this message
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-3-4-3-in-Ubuntu-11-10-td3947501.html),
Shouldn't the wiki be edited? (if yes...how can it be edited?). The
same goes for http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?BuildFromSource

Thanks

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal