Octave on CentOS 6

From: hvn
Subject: Octave on CentOS 6
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 19:53:21 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm trying to get Octave running on CentOS 6, but get this message:

octave: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5.so.6: cannot open

So I searched and found someone solved it by reinstalling hdf5. I removed
octave and hdf5, and installed again by yum octave and octave-devel.
Everything did install fine, but unfortunately, octave still gives the
same message when starting and quits.

Any idea?

Thanks