How to get $ inserted in Ticks

From: Reza Housseini
Subject: How to get $ inserted in Ticks
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:22:04 +0200

Hello everyone!

I'm using the semilogy function and print my graph using epslatex as device option. When I compile my .tex file in latex it complains about missing $ inserted for the ticks in the y-axis. I tried to insert them using yticklabel but the problem is, it's loosing the format (like 10^{5}) and it's inserting the minor ticks too. How can I insert this $ signs in a smooth way without changing the output format and digging to deep in the gca options? There is the gnuplot option format xy $%g$. But I want to call only one function in octave to give me the desired .tex file, without using a terminal with gnuplot runnning?
Any suggestion or help is really appreciated.
My system specifications are the following:

Ubuntu: 11.10
Octave: 3.2.4

Thank you a lot
Reza