Re: Waitbar no more in 3.4.3

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Waitbar no more in 3.4.3
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:38:31 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 27.10.2011, 10:02 -0700 schrieb Loris:
> Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> >

> > It doesn't work as the Matlab function. It is text based.
> > The only evidence that it is working in you example is the 30% at the
> > right most side of your temrinal.
> >
> > Try
> >
> > for i=1:30;
> > waitbar(i/30);
> > pause(0.1)
> > end
> >

> I tried your example, but I see nothing at all.
>
> There is something that I should do or load before?
> I use Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2
>
> L.
Maybe a terminal emulation problem on windows.
If you have the zenity package available in your octave on windows (I
cannot check right now if it is available for windows), you can have a
graphical progress bar

pb = zenity_progress("Progress", "auto-close");
for i=1:30;
zenity_progress(pb, 100*i/30);
pause(0.2)
end

(you probably need 'pkg load zenity' if it is not autoloaded).