Re: Octave class search path problem

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave class search path problem
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:42:07 -0400

On 26-Oct-2011, John Evans wrote:

| Unfortunately, the actual code contains sensitive IP, however, I can post my
| contrived example. You can find the contents of /fooBar/@foo/foo.m as well as
| small example of my problem at
|
| http://pastebin.com/ZD4TjMEg

I can duplicate the problem with Octave 3.2.4, but it appears to be
fixed in the current stable release, 3.4.3.

It also seems to work for me with 3.2.4 if I start Octave somewhere
other than the directory that contains the @foo class directory.  Does
that work for you?  I.e., cd to your /baz directory and start Octave
there, then call addpath ("/fooBar"), then try to call the constructor
for foo.

BTW, your example constructor doesn't create a class object.  It just
returns the class of the character constant "foo".  To create a class
object, you need to pass a structure to the class function:

  x = class (struct (), "foo");

instead of

  x = class ("foo");

jwe