Octave class search path problem

From: John Evans
Subject: Octave class search path problem
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:30:50 -0700 (PDT)

I'm having a difficult time using Octave classes. I've created a class named foo in a directory /fooBar/@foo/. I'm only able to instantiate foo if /fooBar/ is my current directory.

cd /fooBar
x = foo(); % this works!

If set my current directory to /baz/, then I'm not able to instantiate foo, even if I add /fooBar/ to my Octave search path,

addpath("/fooBar")
cd /baz/
x = foo();
error: no such file, '/baz/@foo/foo.m'

I have not idea what the source of the problem is. I'm only able to instantiate foo if I

cd /fooBar/

Based on my understanding of the documentation, I should be able to instantiate foo from any directory, as long as the "/fooBar" has been added by my search path. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? I'm using Octave 3.2.4