running octave from a c++ program

From: Gamaliel Isaac
Subject: running octave from a c++ program
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:01:08 -0400

I would like to run a matlab program on an MRI scanner.  The MRI scanner uses software written in C++ which I can modify.  One option is to translate the code into C++ which could be very time consuming especially since I would have to implement matlab functions.  I would rather interface the c++ program with octave and run the program that way if that is possible.  Is it and if so how would that be done?  I don't need the graphics capability of octave just the capability of doing the math.

Another issue is if it is possible I don't have system administrator access to the scanner and I doubt Siemens would install the software for me.  Their scanners have to work in a clinical environment and anything they put on there has to be tested thoroughly to make sure it doesn't interfere with scanner operation.  If I could put an OCTAVE dll in a directory though that would be OK.  Is that possible?

If all this is not possible is it possible to get matlab functions that were translated into C?

Gamaliel