possible bug with plot command?

From: Jeremy Brower
Subject: possible bug with plot command?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 16:07:28 -0700

Hi all. I'm a long time MATLAB user, and have very recently installed Octave (3.2.4) to check it out. I've got a weird issue going on with the plot command. Let's say I have a new, empty workspace, and I enter the command:

figure(1),plot([1:3],[1:3])

I get the warning message: "warning: isstr is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of Octave, please use ischar instead", and no figure window shows up. I can continue hitting enter, or entering other commands, and no figure window ever appears. Only when I enter "clear all" does figure(1) show up and show the original plot I've asked for.

Am I doing something wrong to deserve this behavior?

Thanks for the help.