RE: problems with latest strread (comma delimiters)

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: RE: problems with latest strread (comma delimiters)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:00:48 -0700 (PDT)

krthie wrote:

> Hi
> Apologies, I haven't filed the bug report yet that Philip requested. It
> might be a few more days before I can find the time. However, I'm not so
> sure anymore what you want to be in there. Shall I include the end-of-line
> issue as well (I could try to make a summary of your comments, but that
> will
> take a bit longer of course).

Yes please do; just include your original command lines + results.

I did some research on the web and I think you are probably right.
IMO ML's behaviour and/or its documentation is a bit ambiguous. As Ben
wrote, experimenting with ML itself is essential to assess exactly what the
compatible behavior ought to be.

Anyway, (Octave's) strread.m's behaviour can easily be tuned to mimic that
of ML, if needed.

Philip