Re: textread problem

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: textread problem
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 18:57:17 +0200

Am Freitag, den 21.10.2011, 09:41 -0700 schrieb lanew:
> Thanks! I've now realized that I don't have the textread.oct file. I'm
> searching the internet now, but if you know where I can find the file, can
> you point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks!

I doubt you can find the file extra somewhere. This just means that the
textread.cc which is in the 1.0.12 version of io was not built to
produce an oct file for the ubuntu package you installed.
You should contact the ubuntu deb packager to tell that it is not
complete.
3.4 contains textread as function in octave itself, maybe you want to
switch to that or you download the sources for the io package in an
appropriate version for 3.2.4 an d install it yourself (you need to have
of course make, gcc and g++ installed on your system).