Re: Windows binary

From: Loris
Subject: Re: Windows binary
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:42:57 -0700 (PDT)

I just discoverd that one of the problem is GUIOctave, if I run octave from
guioctave, if you use function sombrero does nothing,
[filename,filepath, ~]  = uigetfile([ '*.dat']) hangs.
(tried with version 4.2.4, still under guioctave works properly [at least
sombrero, uigetfile probably is not implemented])
Other command non involving external windows are working properly.

Run octave alone, both command work properly.

(now I'm facing other problem to make my matlab script running )

Other problem,

following error:
error: Invalid call to lookup.  Correct usage is:

 - Loadable Function: IDX = lookup (TABLE, Y)
 - Loadable Function: IDX = lookup (TABLE, Y, OPT)

error: called from:
error:
C:\Octave\Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2\share\octave\3.4.2\m\help\print_usage.m at
line 87, column 5
error:   C:\Octave\Octave3.4.2_gcc4.5.2\share\octave\3.4.2\m\set\ismember.m
at line 103, column 10
error:   C:\Documents and Settings\lab\My
Documents\MATLAB\MyScripts\scramblecompute.m at line 112, column 15
error:   C:\Documents and Settings\lab\My
Documents\MATLAB\MyScripts\scramblecompute.m at line 72, column 17

As I understand the problem is in this function, the note with ****
correspond to line 112 as stated in the error.

function [likeindex, varargout]=computeecgsimilarity(scrambleViewEnv,
indexno, varargin)
method.name{1}= 'rms error' ;
method.name{2}= 'rms error modified (not divided for number of sample)' ;
method.name{3}= 'maximum correlation (not normalized)' ;
method.name{4}= 'maximum correlation (normalized)' ;
maxmethod = length (method.name) ; % number of implemented methods
likeindex= zeros (1,maxmethod);
activeprocess = ones (1,maxmethod);

if nargin > 2
    if isempty (varargin{1}) % if is called with empty matrix say the
meaning of fields
        activeprocess = zeros(4);
    else
        activeprocess = ismember (1:maxmethod, varargin{1}); % ************
I get error here
    end
end
[...]

I tried to replicate the error with the following  function, but this works
perfectly.

function testoct( varargin )
method.name{1}= 'rms error' ;
method.name{2}= 'rms error modified (not divided for number of sample)' ;
method.name{3}= 'maximum correlation (not normalized)' ;
method.name{4}= 'maximum correlation (normalized)' ;
maxmethod = length (method.name) ; % number of implemented methods
activeprocess = ones (1,maxmethod);
     activeprocess = ismember (1:maxmethod, varargin{1})
     display (activeprocess)
end

Thanks, Loris.