Re: QTOctave and Octave 3.4

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: QTOctave and Octave 3.4
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:36:58 -0500

2011/10/17 Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>:

>   > On 17 October 2011 11:45, octaveuser001 <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>   > QtOctave is abandoned. Yes, it  has problems with fltk and debugging.
>   > We're working on a replacement GUI, but it probably won't be available
>   > for a while. I don't have an easy solution for you. Either stay with
>   > 3.2 if it works for you, or debug from the CLI. Emacs also works as an
>   > interface to Octave's debugger, but it has a steep learning curve, and
>   > you might not want to climb this curve.
>

> That is frankly a huge problem and prevents  new users to
> switch :(

Then help us. Clone the Octave Mercurial sources and work on the gui
branch. It's Qt, which is one of the nicest languages you can derive
from C++ (strictly speaking, Qt is a new language derived from C++).

There isn't much more I can tell you. I know it's a problem, but we
need help solving it. Talk is cheap. Let's write some code.

- Jordi G. H.