Re: Building windows for Octave

From: Maynard Wright
Subject: Re: Building windows for Octave
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:00:56 -0700

On Tuesday 11 October 2011 11:55:44 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 11 October 2011 13:25, Eduardo J. Adam <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Dear Octave comunity,
> > Probably it's a stupid question but I'm trying to make gui's for my
> > simple octave programs. I was surfing on Internet and I find the
> > following link:
> >
> > http://qtoctave.wordpress.com/tag/xmlwidget/
> >
> > Is there another options more recent?
>
> Michael Goffioul is working on a very promising-looking QtHandles
> solution right now, but it probably won't be available in an Octave
> release for several months.
>
> In the meantime, you could try that QtOctave thing, but I cannot vouch
> for its quality.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

I'm happy using the terminal, so I don't have much need for QtOctave, but I
downloaded QtOctave 0.7.4 awhile back and it seems to work adequately running
a few simple scripts I tried.  I generally run Octave in a terminal window
from the editor Kate, and that seems more user-friendly than QtOctave to me.

Maynard Wright