Too many variables in .oct funtion?

From: babelproofreader
Subject: Too many variables in .oct funtion?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 05:07:06 -0700 (PDT)

I have written a .oct function which on compiling gives the following "error"

perf_ind.cc: In function ‘octave_value_list Fperf_ind(const
octave_value_list&, int)’:
perf_ind.cc:6:1: note: variable tracking size limit exceeded with
-fvar-tracking-assignments, retrying without

but then goes on to compile with the compiled function working as I expect
it to. Is this message something I should be worried about, and if so what
recommendations would the list give?