Re: Taylor expansion using the fft

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Taylor expansion using the fft
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 16:20:43 +0200

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Fernando <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Carnë
>
> I'm very new using octave and the octave mailing lists. I'm gonna check it
> out and
> see how to submit codes to octaveforge as a package.
>
> My only concern is that the method is not optimal you have to choose your
> radius for
> every function you going to apply it too, will it then still be worthwile?
> If so I will take
> the time to extend the method to a general problem at any particular point
> for which you want
> to calculate the taylor coefficients or for numerical differentaition at a
> general point.
>
> Cheers
> Fernando
>
> --

Hi Fernando,

I think it is worth to have more options to do something, please
submit your function. Rather than making a new package you should
first check whether your function fits in already existing ones. Not
too many week sago, we had a function to calculate the derivatives of
a function included in the optim package. Maybe you can check that one
out.
Then just post the function in the feature requests tracker.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=2888&atid=352888

Regards,

--
M. Sc. Juan Pablo Carbajal