Re: octave workshop

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: octave workshop
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 15:00:15 +0100

On 5 October 2011 14:05, Roy Menachem <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks you all for the answers, I downloaded the 3.4.2 for windows, and it
> seems to work great (including the xls functions).
> I also need to install the 3.4.2 version on linux, is it possible to use the
> same download?
> If not can someone please give me a link to version which works properly? I
> need version 3.4 and up to support the xls functions(I prefer the also
> version 3.4.2 which I now it works).

That depends on what Linux distro you are using, some may have a
package for a 3.4v on their repositories. Otherwise, compiling from
source is fairly simple
(http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Installation.html#Installation).

In Debian/Ubuntu you can do 'aptitude build-dep octave3.2' to get all
the dependencies instead of tracking them down yourself.

Carnë