Newbie - Common value patterns in many vectors

From: thombark
Subject: Newbie - Common value patterns in many vectors
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 04:15:52 -0700 (PDT)

I have a large number of vectors. Each contains from 1 to 100 numbers, and
each number is within the range 1-60. I need to find the vectors containing
N  common numbers. For example, here are 6 vectors:-

1  12  28  46
12  16  46  49  52  58
8  12  24  28 33  45  46  47  53  57
9
12  16  24  28  46  52
18  33  45

If N is 3, then I am looking for any vectors containing at least 3 common
values.

In this case, vectors 1,3,5 have "12  28  46" in common and vectors 2,5 have
"12  16  46  52" in common.

The final result would be 2 vectors - (1,3,5) and (2,5).

I can have the vectors as an array but then I would need an array of
(thousands,100) where most of the array entries would be zero, since 90% of
the vectors/rows would have < 10 elements.

Even using the intersect function this still needs too much processing time.

I don't know the octave functions - is there a quicker solution?

Thanks.

The number "12" is in vectors 1,3,5.