Re: octave workshop

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: octave workshop
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 15:38:54 +0100

Please always make reply to all and include the mailing-list.

2011/10/4 Roy Menachem <address@hidden>:
> After downloading the package, at which folder (I m using windows 7) should I
> put the the zip file?

1 - I do not use windows, can't help with those specifics
2 - you should downloadeded a tar.gz, not a zip file

> This is what I did at the octave workshop main window :
>
>> pwd
> ans = C:\octave-workshop
>
>> pkg install io-1.0.15.tar.gz
> parse error:
>
>  syntax error

> What is the problem?

The argument for package install is the path to the package. Do you
have the package file on your working directory? Run 'ls' to make
sure. Otherwise, I can't see what's the problem but I'm guessing maybe
it's octave-workshop. You should have asked the octave workshop devs.
Open an octave terminal and try it. If you are using octave 3.4 you
should be able to use 'pkg install -forge io' to automatically
download and install the package.

Carnë