Re: qp(): how do I get a simple inequality constraint?

From: fork
Subject: Re: qp(): how do I get a simple inequality constraint?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:24:37 +0000 (UTC)

Leo Butler <l.butler <at> cmich.edu> writes:

> Let me explain with an example:
>
> Suppose you want to minimize
>
> x^2 + y^2 + x subject to
>
> x <= 0

(SNIP)

> [x, obj, info, lambda] = qp ([0;0], H, q, A, b, lb, ub, A_lb, A_in,
> A_ub)

Would it be fair to say that qp really only *needs* these parameters:

x0, H, q, A, b, A_in, A_ub

and that the others are redundant/ convenience functions? Use "A" and "b" to
define the equality constraints and "A_in" and "A_ub" to define the inequality
constraints?

Seems to me that "lb" and "ub" and "A_lb" can be all be set with the right
(possibly negative) entries in A_in and A_ub.  Is that true?