Re: MAC and GNU Plot - Help Please

From: Wesley Davis
Subject: Re: MAC and GNU Plot - Help Please
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 08:49:30 -0400

Stu,

Your procedure worked well,  after uninstalling Aquaterm, gnuplot and octave,  and re-installing them in the precise order recommended.   My plots come up very nicely at the octave prompt!  Thanks.

I also tried your procedure before uninstalling and re-installing Aquatem, Gnuplot and Octave, and I was not able to plot at the Octave prompt.

Just one comment.  After I executed the following command:

cd /usr/local/lib
sudo ln -s libaquaterm.1.0.1.dylib libaquaterm.1.0.0.dylib "

I got a ">"  at the command line, that I could not quit or exit out of.  So, I killed the Xterm and and gave things a whirl anyway.  I got the  results I needed, a working Gnuplot at the Octave prompt. Not sure the purpose of ">" or the second step listed above.

Thanks,

Wes