Re: subplot titles and labels overlap

From: indium
Subject: Re: subplot titles and labels overlap
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 15:26:34 +0200

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 03:00:45PM +0900, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

Hi,

I get greek letters and sub- and superscript in gnuplot without
problems. When running gnuplot directly (called by you, not via octave)
you have to tell gnuplot to process \tau to a greek tau letter: set term
x11 enhanced.

I suppose octave does this when one of its commands contains a property
interpreter = 'tex'.

Maybe the fact that you don't see the greek letter is related to the
fact that octave did not tell gnuplot to switch on 'tex' interpretation
when it first opened a graphics window.

You could try to set "set term x11 enhanced" in your ~/.gnuplot file,
which is read by default. This reading is done also when gnuplot is
called by octave: i have my gnuplot macros available in octave as well.

indium