Re: Problem loading a big file

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Problem loading a big file
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:28:10 -0500

On 19 September 2011 08:38, Alejandro Zamora <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a problem when I try to load a file with size of 3 GB.
> These messages appear after the process:
>

> error: load: failed to load matrix constant
> error: load: trouble reading ascii file `'
> error: load: reading file
> error: load: cell array element had unexpected name
> error: load: failed to load cell element
> error: load: trouble reading ascii file `'
> error: load: reading file
> error: load: cell array element had unexpected name
> error: load: failed to load cell element
> error: load: trouble reading ascii file `data_prueba.dat'
> error: load: reading file data_prueba.dat

These error message suggest your file has formatting that the load
command doesn't understand. But if those formatting errors are hidden
inside 3 gigs, they're gonna be pretty much impossible to find.

Do you have any indication that the file is properly formatted? Have
you managed to properly parse it with something else?

- Jordi G. H.