Re: .png v. .jpg printing

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: .png v. .jpg printing
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 20:12:49 -0400

On Sep 15, 2011, at 8:01 PM, Philip Hahn wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Sep 15, 2011, at 5:40 PM, Richard Crozier wrote:
>>
>> > The version in Synaptic is 3.2, you have to build from source to get
>> > anything
>> > newer.
>> >
>> > --
>>
>> Does the version of Octave available from Synaptic vary with the version of
>> Ubuntu?
>>
>> I see that Octave 3.0.x and 3.2.x are available with Ubuntu 10.04.
>>
>> Ben
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Philip Hahn <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I have Ubuntu 11.04 and the highest version of Octave is 3.2.
>>
>> I'm installing from source right now.
>>
>> philip
>
> OK I got 3.4.2 installed and running.
>
> How do I get the gnuplot window to open? Under 3.2 whenever the plot updated
> the window popped up, doesn't seem to be the case under 3.4
>
> thanks
>
> philip

I assume you mean that "plot(0)" doesn't produce a plot?

Perhaps you don't have the dependencies installed? You can make sure with ...

        apt-get build-dep octave3.2

If that command installs any packages, then you'll want to run configure and
make again.

In any event, the plotting should behave as it did before.

If you type "gnuplot_binary" at Octave's prompt, what does it return?

        gnuplot_binary
        ans = gnuplot

Also, what does "octave_config_info.GNUPLOT" return?

        octave_config_info.GNUPLOT
        ans = gnuplot

Ben