Re: Problems using fltk?

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Problems using fltk?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:00:11 +1000

Hullo Jordi,
On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:35:19 +1000, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

I am going to respond publicly, and I invite you to do the same (hit

Sorry, I had meant my reply to go to the list.

How big is your mesh?

512x512

That really is big. I seldom plot meshes larger than 60 by 60 or
thereabouts. You can't really tell more than that level of detail
anyways, or at least I can't. Meshes this size (60x60) are what I said
take about a minute for me to plot with fltk.

OK. Given that advice I'll look at how I can make it smaller.

Any pointers to fltk notes etc?

How to use it? Supposedly, it shouldn't be used any differently than
gnuplot once you enable it with "graphics_toolkit fltk". Or do you
mean that you want to help us fix this bad implentation of 3d
printing? Because we really do need help...

OK, so usage is the same.
I'm not sure how much help I could be.
I don't think my programming skills are too good for anything other than Fortran, and that really hasn't kept up with the latest standards. I do regularly build and test (every few days) a Fedora package for another FOSS application (Hugin), and sometimes bug hunt for that, but I'm not too skilled in the bug hunting. Let me know if there is anything there that will help, and we can see where we go from there.

Now back to my fltk problem.
I have now figured out (I think) how to correctly get the figure handle for printing, but that now causes another problem. Using the code below the plot is rendered in the display, then another plot is rendered slightly offset. If I comment out the print command I get the correct plot. Have I misunderstood how the figure handle should be used?

fig = fig + 1;
fig1handle = fig;
figure (fig1handle);
h1 = gcf();