Newbie - Cell Array or 3D matrix

From: thombark
Subject: Newbie - Cell Array or 3D matrix
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 01:10:53 -0700 (PDT)

I will have 200 matrices, all of different dimensions. I will only know the
dimensions of matrix X after populating and doing some light processing of
matrix X-1. After they are all populated, I will be doing a lot of heavy
processing and comparison work on the matrices.

Each of the 200 matrices will have tens of thousands of elements.

To do the heavy processing work, should I use cell arrays or one huge 3D
matrix? Is there an order of magnitude difference in the time either of
these options will take?

Thanks