error: Array<T>::compute_index: invalid ra_idxing operation

From: babelproofreader
Subject: error: Array<T>::compute_index: invalid ra_idxing operation
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:14:52 -0700 (PDT)

I have compiled a .oct function, which compiles OK with no errors, but when I
run it I get the above runtime error. This is too cryptic for me to
understand so can anyone explain what the problem is? The function loops
using the following syntax

 for ( octave_idx_type ii (50); ii < args(0).length (); ii++ ) // Start the
main loop
     {
     code here
     }

which I have used many times before with out errors. I can see no obvious
mistakes in the main body of the code.