FLTK graphics in Octave 3.4 - a few problems

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: FLTK graphics in Octave 3.4 - a few problems
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 23:38:13 +1000

I've just compiled 3.4.2 with support for FLTK graphics.  And the commands

>> graphics_toolkit fltk
>> sombrero

give a very nice looking result.  However, none of the menu items in the Figure window respond to the mouse; nor can I close the window with my window manager (I'm using gnome, under Ubuntu 10.10).  Have I missed out on a necessary package or library here?  I can plot new graphics in the window, but I can't pull a 3D graphic around with the mouse, as I can with gnuplot.  The window will show the graphic, but acts "dead" otherwise.

Any help or advice would be most welcome!

Thanks,
Alasdair

--
Blog: http://amca01.wordpress.com