ginput does not appear to work as expected

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: ginput does not appear to work as expected
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 13:34:33 +0100

Hello again,

I am having some issues with ginput working properly. My system uses:

    G N U P L O T
    Version 4.4 patchlevel 3
    last modified March 2011
    System: Darwin 10.7.3

and

GNU Octave, version 3.4.2

I noted some issues with ginput already posted on the help forum but the posts are already between 1 and 2 years old and I assume that the patches have already been included in the latest release, which I have.

If I input, for example,

axis(1:4);
[gx gy gbutton] = ginput(1)

I don't get a chance to make any input via the mouse. Instead I get the following output and the script ends:

gx = 0
gy = 0
gbutton = -1

Is tehre some other thing that I need to enable in order to use ginput correctly?

Thanks and best regards

Stephen