Does anyone have edgetaper function they can share?

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Does anyone have edgetaper function they can share?
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 19:35:22 +1000

Hullo All,
I need to replicate the Matlab edgetaper function.
I am aware that this is one of Octave's missing functions, and wonder if anyone has had a go at coding it for Octave but not got around to contributing it. If you do have a prototype, or similar, I'd be very appreciative if you could make it available. I haven't been able to track down very much useful information to even help me make an attempt, but would certainly have a try, so even a decent description of how the function might work would be a help.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell