error notepad++ in octave 3.2.4

From: john
Subject: error notepad++ in octave 3.2.4
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 07:42:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

A short time ago I asked this question:
When I type "edit"at the octave prompt I got the error message:

"Can't find entrypoint procedure _wtof in msvcrt.dll."

I did the following:I downloaded notepad++ ver 5.6.7 free ,the same ver as
in octave from another site(free)

I copied notepad.exe to notepad.exe in directory
c:\Programs\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\tools\ notepad++
asks to overwrite the existing notepad.exe(yes),and that's all.
When I type edit at the octave prompt now :notepad++ opens correct.

Ik think but I'm not sure ,maybe it is a compiling error during the
installation by MINGW32????

notepad++  starts up in octave(edit) from the directory
c:\Programs\3.2.4_gcc-4.40\tools\notepad++

Kind regards

John