Re: Octave code sprint this Saturday!

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave code sprint this Saturday!
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:57:12 -0500

On 29 August 2011 17:54, Daryl Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 8/29/2011 10:18 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>>
>> Reminder! We're having our second code sprint this Saturday:
>>
>>      http://octave.org/sprint.html
>>
>> It should be fun, come and mingle while we write tests for Octave.
>> All you need is a working Octave installation and working knowledge
>> of the Octave language. No other experience necessary.
>
> In order to know whether I could make a useful contribution, is
> there a place where I could see samples of test code?  Or would it
> be better to just lurk on irc for a while?

Well, have a look at the sorts of commits that we made for the last
codesprint:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/log?rev=codesprint%3A

Basically, you just have to understand the expected inputs and outputs
of how whatever Octave function you're writing a test for. Then it's
just a matter of wrapping the test with an "assert" or "test"
instruction.

You're welcome in IRC, of course, although nowadays we usually chat
about other things than the code sprint.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.