Re: Octave 3.4.2 for Windows and installer

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Octave 3.4.2 for Windows and installer
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 08:17:11 -0700 (PDT)

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote:

> On 28 August 2011 16:10, PhilipNienhuis <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> No one can at the moment. Personally I expect that Octave-3.4.2
>> won't be packaged as binary Windows distribution - the current 3.4.2
>> has some issues and I find more and more of them. Perhaps upcoming
>> 3.4.3 is a better candidate.
>
> What issues? Are they all reported? Can we fix them?

Some; yes - to some extent; and hopefully.

I've reported them earlier (some months ago?); one at least (with fltk
plotting with Tatsuro's binary) turns out to pop up in more situations than
I previously found.

As outlined in my previous post, I have other priorities at the moment :-)

Later in September I'll have (hope to have) more time to sort it out and (to
try to) produce a test case. I have a MinGW 3.4.2 debug build at home which
may make tracking down a bit easier.

P.