Octave 3.4.2 for Windows and installer

From: octaveuser001
Subject: Octave 3.4.2 for Windows and installer
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 08:57:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Could any one please let me know when we will have an installer for Octave
3.4.2 on windows? (Similar to the 3.2 we have currently)

I downloaded the 3.4 binaries of MinGW for windows from
http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/.
A specific problem that i had with 3.2 (isosurface/patch issue) seems to be
fixed with 3.4. I was very excited but getting to use 3.4 with all packages
is turning out to be painful and i feel despondent now.

Particularly i wanted to install the image 1.0.14 package, but I couldnt get
"pkg install" working. I fiddled with the octave.bat file as specified in
the readme (after downloading MinGW/MSYS/GnuWin32), but it still doesnt seem
to work. It complains about missing g++.exe and i am not sure how many other
path/environment variables needs to be set. Further on downloading
'OctaveLibs.zip' from the above website, my antivirus complains that it is a
potential virus file!

Also, even without the image package, just calling the default "imread"
complains about missing dependencies for "__magick_read__.oct" - I did see
that there is a GraphicsMagicK-.1.3.12 but not sure if something else is
missing.

Anyway, if the installer is going to be released sooner, i neednt spend time
diagnosing this (especially since i am newbee to Octave.) If any one has got
3.4 on windows running with image package pls. do let me know.

Many thanks for your response.